Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mixing It Up - 3/7/12

This week, I'm taking the next step in my marathon training by trying to mix in some longer runs at a steady pace. Prior to this week, I was running approximately the same distance every day - last week it was 7 miles - and trying to end each run with a "finishing kick". Starting this week, I am trying to get my mind wrapped around running longer distances.


I will run the same 28 miles I ran last week with a couple adjustments. Rather than running them in equal parts, I will run some shorter and some longer. My runs this week will be 5mi, 8 mi, 6 mi and 9 mi. I will also keep the pace steady throughout (9 minute mile pace), but increase the incline on the treadmill to better approximate running outside.


NOTE - Admittedly, I'm a punk when it comes to running outside when it's even the slightest bit cold. I know I will have to run outside eventually, but I am delaying it as long as possible.
So far, so good. Two runs down, two to go!

Workout Recap
3/6/12 - Running & Abs
Pace - 5.0 mi (6.7 mph, 1.5 incline)



3/7/12 - Running & Abs
Pace - 8.0 mi (6.7 mph, 1.5 incline)


No comments:

Post a Comment