Sunday, March 4, 2012

Easy Like a Sunday Morning - 3/4/12



Six days per week, I set my alarm early (4:25am on weekdays, 5:25am on Saturday) to work out.  Why so early?  Two reasons:

1.     I need to start my workout before "life gets in the way" and throws me off track
2.     I get a little joy from knowing I am working out while most of my timezone is asleep


But on Sunday, I rest.  It took me a while to get right with this in my mind and some days I still struggle with it.  If some is good, then isn't more better?  Not always.  Especially not when it come to working out.  I am the type to press on when I should stand down.  Working out through pain that just may be an injury.  Pushing when I ought not push.  So sometimes, "taking it easy" is a struggle for me.

However, I am learning that rest in the right proportion actually makes my body stronger.  It's the reason we are wired for sleep every day.  And now I am starting to value the day I don't work out.  Often, I have this song running through my head.

Workout recap
NONE!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment