Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just a few inches more... 3/3/12





Every day, I just try to do more than the day before.  A little faster, a little longer, a little better.  It's may sound cliche, but gaining even a few inches every day, if you stay at it long enough, will put you miles ahead. Sometimes, I look back in amazement at how far I have come by just trying to gain a few inches every day.


It was not that long ago that the mere thought of running would make me break out in a sweat, a cold one.  I still don't really consider myself a runner, but I may have to change my self-definition.  This week, I ran 28 miles by simply adhering to my motto - a few inches more.  Four runs of seven miles each.  


Sometimes, I just sit and wonder.  Where will I be next week, next month, next year if I can continue to focus on those few inches?


Makes me think of a scene from a famous movie...


Workout recap
Workout - Running
Pace - 4.5 mi (6.7 mph, 1.0 incline); 2.5 mi (7.5 mph, 1.0 incline)

No comments:

Post a Comment