Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Mind Made Up - 2/28/12

Today, I ran almost 7 miles. Three and a half years ago, I wouldn't run across the street to avoid oncoming traffic. What is the difference?  A mind made up.


Three and a half years ago, I made up my mind to be different and do different. I went on a mission to get healthy and stay there.  And there is nothing as powerful as a mind made up.


Three and a half days ago when I packed for my business trip, I carefully folded my work clothes into my suitcase. Then, I packed a separate bag for my workout clothes. I made sure that I had the right amount of work out clothes and that they would be appropriate for the workouts I had planned - my special running socks for today's run and my "lifting clothes" for Monday.


This morning, I drove to a Gold's Gym in a strange town at 5:00 am to make sure I "got it in."  I rarely let anything get between me and my workout.  I always make a way to "get it in."  Why?  My mind is made up and there is nothing more powerful than a mind made up.


When you "believe in the mission" , you will stop at nothing to see it through to the finish. No matter the mission, you will find a way if you believe....


After you make up your mind.


Workout recap
Workout - Running
Pace - 4.75 mi (6.7 mph, 1.0 incline); 2.15 mi ( 7.5 mph, 1.0 incline)

No comments:

Post a Comment