Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jedi Mind Tricks- 2/25/12

A funny thing happened at the gym today. When I run lately, I have been trying to pick up the pace for the last half mile of the run. In my mind, I call it "dropping the hammer". I am envisioning having a lead in the race and then pouring it on to seal the victory. Typical Jedi mind tricks to keep my mind focused.


But this morning, I absentmindedly took up the pace a mile before my scheduled finish. Oops! Just had to suck it up and go. I was able to finish well despite the mistake - which makes me realize again that this running thing has more to do with the mind than the body. I tricked myself into doing more.


Need to learn that trick all the time...


Workout Recap
Workout - Running
Pace - 5.75 mi (6.7 mph, 1.0 incline), 1.0 mi (7.5 mph, 1.0 incline)

No comments:

Post a Comment