Friday, February 24, 2012

Gazelles and Bulldogs - 2/24/12

I'm envious of those folks who have that smooth, easy running stride. You know the ones. The ones who look like they could run all day long.  Looking like gazelles knifing through the African desert.  The ones who are already on the treadmill when you arrive and are barely sweating when you stagger away.  


I'm not one of those fortunate folks. My stride is less gazelle and more bulldog.  Much more of a stomp than a glide.  Generally, I look like I'm working hard - really hard - when I'm running, but today it felt easy.


"Easy" is not really the right word. I'm not yet accomplished enough that I can call running 6.5 miles easy.  Yet, I covered that ground in less than an hour without any of the aches, pains or crises of will that often accompany such a run for me.  Today, completing a 26 mile run seemed a just little more realistic.  Just a little more within reach.


Now, if I can only figure out how to look like a gazelle when I run....


Workout Recap
Workout - Running, Abs
Pace - 6.0 mi (6.7 mph, 1.0 incline); 0.5 mi (7.5 mph, 1.0 incline)


No comments:

Post a Comment