Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Musical Motivation - 2/22/12

What songs power you through your workout?


Sometimes - most times - when I'm running, I need some musical motivation to keep me going. This morning, right when I needed a push across the finish line, my iPod shuffled up a great one! "No More Drama" by Mary J. Blige.


This is not a typical "pump-you-up" type of song, but I love love LOVE to run to it. First of all, if MJB doesn't move you, you may want to check your pulse.  I love the way she lays it all on the line when she sings. Just her passion alone inspires me.


In this particular song, there is one lyric that always gets me going


Only God knows where the story ends for me
But I know where the story begins
It's up to us to choose
Whether you win or lose
And I choose to win



"And I choose to win". That says it all right there. The combination of the power of the lyrics and the force with which Mary sings - no, sangs - them always, always gives me a turbo boost!


So what songs are your turbo booster?


Workout Recap
Workout - running
Pace - 5.75 mi (6.7 mph, 1.0 incline); 0.5 mi (7.5 mph, 1.0 incline)




No comments:

Post a Comment