Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Now - 2/21/12

These days, in training and in life, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.  Cause when you spend too much time looking too far ahead, it can mess you up.

The only thing that matters is now.


You can get lost in the enormity of the task and the effort required.  You can get knocked off stride by doubts of whether you are equal to the task.



So I focus on now.


So I try to stay focused on the next step.  And dedicate myself to making it go forward rather than sideways or backward.


I put all my energy in now.


Just a little further, just a little faster, just a little more.  Each and every day.  Focused on this day and no other.  Learning from but not dwelling on the past.  Planning for but not living in the future.  Winning this day.


Now.


Workout Recap
Workout - Running
Pace - 5.5 mi (6.7mph, 1.0 incline); 0.5 mi (7.5mph, 1.0 incline)
Countdown to the Savannah Rock-N-Roll Marathon on November 3rd, 2012: 256 Days






No comments:

Post a Comment