Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Top 50 Pump Up / Motivational Songs (20-11)



20) In The End - Linkin Park
Great rock / rap song.  Love the passion of this song.  The singer (I don’t even know his name) is just so very indignant as he describes his sitch.  “I put my trust in you.  Pushed as far as I could go.  For all this, there’s only one thing you should know…but in the end, it doesn’t even matter.”





19) In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins
I love this song for the drum riff alone.  But when I hear this song, I think about being on the edge of greatness.  So tantalizingly close.  All I need to do to win is "hold on."



18) We Are The Champions - Queen
Queen made two of the best "anthem songs" of all time.  Period.  And you are selling Freddie Mercury’s voice by just calling it a finely tuned instrument.  It’s a freaking force of nature!  "We are the champions, my friends. and we'll keep on fighting til the end."  Now isn’t that what we expect our champions to do? Our champions are supposed to tell you how good they are and then say, “If you want this title, you’ll need to wrestle it from my cold dead hands.”   You know it!



17) Brick House - Commodores
It's not the message, per se, that I love about this song. Not that there is anything wrong with it.  I appreciate a “brick house” just as much as the next man, but I love the vocals and the vibe here.  And don’t let this song come on while I'm on the treadmill.  You'll get a full earful of "shake it down, shake it down, shake it down, now" from me.



16)  Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
I can name that tune in three notes.  From the opening guitar riff, this song gets me going.  And who doesn’t love watching a 70 year old man peacock his way back and forth across the stage.  Gotta love Mick Jagger.





15) Enter Sandman - Metallica
For me, this song will forever be the song in which New York Yankees’ closer Mariano Rivera entered the game and rocked the opposition to sleep.  It should have been called “Enter Hangman,” cause when they started playing it at the Stadium, the opposition had about as much chance of survival as a condemned man.  Oh yeah, this is a pretty good song too if you like the whole heavy metal thing.





14) B.O.B. - Outkast
You may not even know what Outkast is saying for large parts of this song, but the pace and energy of the song are so frenetic that it will help you – no, make you - get it in.





13) Uprising - Muse
This is a great rock song.  I love the barely contained emotion of the song and the message of the hook.  “They will not force us.  They will stop degrading us.  They will not control us.  We will be victorious.”  There is nothing like righteous indignation to get you pumped up.






12) Party Rock - LMFAO
This song is just plain fun and so is the video.  It will definitely keep you moving.  However, I am taking G rated suggestions on how to explain this band's name to my 8 and 6 year olds.



11) #1 - Nelly
Again, it's the message for me here.  "What does it take to be #1? Two is not a winner and three no one remembers."   I don’t truly agree with this.  I believe in competing against myself and being the best I can be every single day.  Yet, I just love the bravado.  Bravado in a rap song?  Shocking.




No comments:

Post a Comment