Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Final Frontier



One of the things that you always hear about, and worry about, when you run your first marathon is "the wall". Can I cope with the mental and physical toll that a long run will take on me? It's something I've wondered about. Until now.

Saturday I ran twenty miles in 2 hours and 52 minutes. I was able to occupy my mind for that period of time. I was able to run through any discomfort I was feeling. I was able to stay fed and hydrated. I finished and finished in one highly conditioned piece. I now know that I will finish the marathon. The only question is how quickly.

I have met the final hurdle, the mental one. I have visited the final frontier and I like it. I can't wait to run this race!!


Training Runs Completed
Monday (8/20) - 6 miles
Wednesday (8/22) - 8 miles
Friday (8/24) - 6 miles
Saturday (8/25) - TWENTY MILES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment