Monday, July 16, 2012

Why I am Running a Marathon - Part 1

Because I’m a little scared.   There was a time when I was afraid to speak in public.  I had had a couple “high profile failures” along the way and I was afraid of being embarrassed again.  Today, I speak in public for a living and rather enjoy it.  But I had to get over the fear.  Frankly, I still get a little nervous every time I am about to speak in front of an audience.  But I chose to address the fear because I wanted what was on the other side of that wall.  I wanted to be an excellent speaker and all that comes with it.   

The same is true about running a marathon.  I want what's on the other side of fear.  I want what’s beyond the finish line of that marathon.  I'll write about a number of those things beyond the finish line in my next few blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment