Thursday, March 15, 2012

Need Inspiration? Watch this! - 3/15/12



This video never fails to inspire me. A brief set up. British sprinter Derek Redmond is entering in the 400m final at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona. I gather from the video that, given his age, this will be his last Olympics. About halfway through the race, he pulls his hamstring and falls down to the track. What happens afterward is magical! You just have to see it.

I'm inspired by this video because:
I want to be the type of performer, like Derek Redmond, that won't quit regardless of the circumstances.

I want to be the type of father, like Derek's father, that demonstrates that level of pride in and compassion for his son.

I want to always remember that there is honor in finishing what you start regardless of where you finish.

I want to be that courageous on the biggest moments I face in my life.

If this video doesn't move you, you may want to check your pulse!

No comments:

Post a Comment