Monday, March 12, 2012

My Journey - 3/12/12

There's a dude at my gym that has that smooth stride that makes running look really easy. He steps on the treadmill, speeds to what would be a full sprint for me and stays there for about an hour. I wonder if I will ever be as fit as him, but then I put my blinders back on, my head down and refocus on my journey.

More frequently than ever now, I get complements about the way I look and questions about how I do it. I'm not going to lie.  It's flattering! Sometimes, I get tricked momentarily into believing I am "there" now.  I've made it.  But then I put my blinders back on my head down and refocus on my journey.

Most of the time, I don't really know where someone is on their journey, in fitness or in life, so I really try not to pass judgement.  I try to stay focused on my journey, one forward step at a time, no matter how large or small.  Never getting too proud of my progress or too envious of that of others.  Just trying to enjoy my journey.

Workout recap
Workout - Running
Pace - 5.5 mi (6.7 mph, 1.5 incline)

No comments:

Post a Comment