Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Diet You'll Never Quit - 2/19/12

What if I told you that there was a diet - I prefer eating program - you could adopt that would cause you to lose weight and body fat, never leave you hungry and allow you to eat whatever you wanted during certain periods of every week? You'd say it sounds like fiction, right?  Well, I've been following this program for seven months and I look like the last picture on this page.  Interested?  Read on...


For the last seven months, I have been following a program called the "Slow Carb Diet" that I first read about in a book called "The 4 Hour Body" by Tim Ferris. It has worked unbelievably well for me!  Here the basic premise. Six days per week, you eat only the following:
  • protein
  • beans
  • vegetables
  • nuts
You can eat these foods in whatever quantities you want - except the nuts because they are really fatty. Because you don't have to control your portions, you are never hungry.


Here's the rub. During these six days, you can't eat foods of the following types:
  • dairy
  • bread
  • pasta
  • fruit

However, on the seventh day, you can eat anything and everything you want. Ferris argues that you MUST binge on the seventh day because it spikes your metabolism in a way that promotes fat loss. I have been taking Mr. Ferris up on his challenge every week, so much so some weeks that I almost want to hurl.  Sometimes I barely want to look at food for a couple days after a binge, but when my "cheat day" comes back around, I'm always raring to go!


Yesterday was my "cheat day" and I went after it!  I usually binge on Sundays, but today I have to work and can't binge up to my usual standards, so I moved my day up this week. Below, I offer you pictures of all my handiwork. Cheat day is FUN!


Does the program work?  You tell me. If you do try it, don't freak out if you happen to step on the scale on the day after cheat day. I usually gain 5-7 pounds that day, but have lost it all back by binge day morning. If you have weight to lose, you will likely lose weight on this program as well.


Doesn't seem real, does it?  Try it and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment