Thursday, February 16, 2012

Burning the Bridges of Retreat

I am a firm believer in setting audacious goals and then making them public. So many of us set secret goals and then leave ourselves an out by never sharing the goal. Because the goal was never shared, we are never accountable for failing to meet it. We then convince ourselves that we never wanted to achieve the goal in the first place.

I believe in burning all bridges of retreat when setting personal goals. If I say my goal out loud, I have two choices - to achieve it or to explain why I failed. I prefer the former. It provides me the extra motivation to do something big - something that may even scare me a little bit. Today is one of those days.
ANNOUNCEMENT- I will be running the Savannah Rock-N- Roll Marathon on November 3, 2012. In the past, I have run a couple 10k races and one half marathon, but never the "big daddy" - 26.2 miles. I have never considered myself a runner. Have you ever seen someone who move with that smooth glide that makes running look easy? Visualize the opposite and you have me.

Still I'm going to do it and I'd like you to keep me accountable. I will post here frequently about the progress of my training and maybe we can do this thing together!

Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment