Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Empowering

A couple days ago, a friend of mine asked me if I felt "empowered" by running long distances, running further than I ever had before.  My reflexive reaction was "yes," of course.  In the last couple days, I have been re-thinking my response and I have changed it.  The answer today is no longer "yes," but "hell yes!"  Why?

Success begets success. Just a few weeks ago, I was nervous to think about running double digit miles in one stretch.  On Saturday, the 10 mile mark of my run came and went without fanfare.  It was no big deal because I had my eyes on a larger prize.  It's amazing how quickly the things you build up to be "Mount Everest" in your mind become "been there, done that."

You more you win, the more you expect to win. It is an amazing feeling to know that when the moment, your moment, comes you will be ready.  Knowing the moment will not be too big for you because you have faced similar moments before.  Knowing you will be up to the challenge, ready to win and win big!  It's an amazing feeling.  Some may even call it "empowering."

My friend nailed it with that one!

Training runs completed
Tuesday (8/7) - 6 miles
Thursday (8/9) - 8 miles
Friday (8/10) - 6 miles
Saturday (8/11) - 18 miles

Monday (8/13) - 4 miles
Tuesday (8/14) - 6 miles
Wednesday (8/15) - 5 miles
Thursday (8/16) - 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment