Friday, July 20, 2012

Why I am Running a Marathon - Part 3


Because it’s the next step in the progression.  There was a time in my life, not that long ago actually, that I wouldn't have run across the street in the rain to avoid oncoming traffic.  And now I want to run 26.2 miles?  It blows my mind to think about it sometimes.  But it’s also the next step in the progression.  I have run three 10K races, and a half-marathon, so the marathon is simply the next logical challenge.

Every time I complete a challenge, I seek a harder one.  In the case of running, I either want to run the race faster or run a longer race.  I have also tried a couple workout programs (p90x and Insanity) were the stretch goals are embedded in the program.  They are designed for you to push yourself harder every week. 

I have truly amazed myself with how far I have come by simply trying to do just a little bit more every day.  Trying to gain an inch every day so when I look back I'll be miles ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment